Alicia Hendrick

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Beautiful Saskatchewan

I think that we are too critical of Saskatchewan sometimes. I think we are coming into a great time in Saskatchewan.

What would our province be with out seasons. I love the different seasons, always something to look forward to. Other countries do not talk about the weather like us. As Saskatchewanians, we have to talk about the weather day to day because it is so different everyday. We all keep each other informed to keep each other safe from the weather, storms, blizzards, icy roads, super hot days.

I love living here. Always thought i wanted to leave Saskatchewan when i was in highschool and that has definately changed. This province is pretty progressive right now. I like the slow pace of smaller cities, and the room that we have. If i want to go somewhere bigger i have an airport to take me. Cost of living is very inexpensive. I am proud to say i was born and raised here and plan on contributing my knowledge if jobs are available to me.

I think it is important for us to share the importance of our province and country to our students. We are always being pushed to feel ashamed about our beautiful province. We need to let our students know that we all contribute to our country and that every place is different which makes everywhere beautiful.

Celebrate our heritage

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, Saskatchewan is beautiful. I also enjoy the seasons. It also gives something to look foward to. Christmas for example. I like it when there is snow. Also, I look foward to the hot weather again. I don't like the icy roads though in winter. We sure have something going on here in Saskatchewan with the constant change of weather all the time. It is good.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home